Friday, March 26, 2010

Lotta quilting

I spent lots of time the last two days do quilty things.  I've been working on my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler using L & E for the log cabin for Emily.  I also cut some scraps into usable pieces, while straightening up the sewing room.  All in all, lots of fun.  Feel good getting something done. 



I also decided to follow a quilt along sampler using 2.5 strips.  Part of doing this was to run off the patterns for block 1 & 2 and decide on the fabric I would use.  The directions say to use one jelly roll.  I thought about scraps, but want to use a group so it will look put together.  I started hunting for a roll of 1800's reproductions I had gotten on a local shop hop few years back , found those, then look some more and found two batches I had gotten at the LQS for the strip club they had a few years ago.  I hadn't done the pattern or just didn't get to it.  Anyway, needless to say I have plenty.... of strips to use.  Now to get after the sewing.  Looking forward to that.

No comments: