Friday, January 21, 2011

Disclaimer

Let me define "finished" for myself. I realise that there are quilt police lurking all over the place that will tell you that finished is quilted, bound and labeled, but I define finished as finished top. I have to send my quilts out to be quilted by someone else which takes more time. There are several restrictions to this. One ,the time the quilter lady has, two, the money to pay the quilter lady, and three, my getting the back ready. Backs and finishing binding a quilt, whether I do it, or pay someone else to do it are actually another finish for me. Just to be on top of this, I leave the quilt on UFO list until it is totally finished, except for maybe a label.

This year my goal is to keep up with backs and binding, hopefully doing the binding myself.

So, when I list a top as finished, it is for me. On my UFO list is making backs and binding to get the quilt ready for final finish. I'm just saying...

No comments: