This is starting the year off right in my opinion. I started swaps several years ago and after 3 different swaps, I finally had enough made to put together this quilt. It's bigger than a throw and too small for a bed, but perfect for the number of blocks I ended up with. I had originally thought I would not border only bind this one, I so like that look; however, this quilt called for a border. I've spent a lot of time looking at quilts as we all do I'm sure, and realized that the ones I admire grnerally have interesting borders. The inner border needed to stop the pattern and the other border needed to contrast to some extent. I still chose a fabric from my stash that had some of the colors in the quilt, but did contrast some. I like the end result.
I tried several choices. The picture may not show too well, but I tried blue then plaid with red and gold and the final choice the leaf with taupe and soft reds. This process of auditioning fabrics is really the fun part, unless I can't make up my mind. Taking pictures does help with this process.