Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the wall the day before surgery

The day before my total knee replacement and I spent the day trying to finish up some things in my sewing room. I don't know how long before I get back to sewing.
My latest braid I finished, making a total of 7 out of 12.

Next is a project that I thought I'd try with the 8" snowball blocks which were part of an exchange. Eight inches is a strange size since it will finish 7.5 inches. To make the other blocks fit, I put an 2.25 inch border around each block. I saw this quilt in a magazine and of course, it was all a certain fabric line. This will be scrappy and the pinwheels will be a mix of colors. The pinwheels I'm making from half square triangles from my stash. Hopefully I'll like the end result. I know it will need a pieced border for the quilt.




The last block is one I should have done for early July, but was out of town.





1 comment:

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

Hope all is well and that your knee is healing without much inconvenience and pain. I like all your quilting but the braid is very interesting. It should make a super quilt.