Well, I had been working until my cruise and since I've been back I can't seem to get cranked up again. So, today I read some of the online groups and looked at some others blogs and thought I'd update mine, so hopefully I'll get inspired.
This is what has been going on in the sewing room. I did complete the bocks and put this together since I've been back. It's a quilt along from a blog by Lori called Humble Quilting. The quilt is called Pink Lemonade. I've been wanting to use the yellow for a long time. Turns out it's a cheddar and looks great with reproduction fabrics. Who would have thought of putting yellow and pink together. It looks great though. Since this is a small quilt I will quilt it myself.
3' finished bow ties
I got this idea from Bonnie Hunter's blog. Seems they started them this summer, but I just got started. I'm using the 2" strips and fabrics I have out now working on the other quilt. They are so cute too. Don't know how many I'll make but will do just until I'm tired of them.
So, now I think maybe I'm ready to go into my sewing room for a while. Happy sewing all.
I got the last border finished and applied to the top today. I so like how this quilt turned out with all the scraps. So glad to have a UFO done and out of the box. Now to follow through and get it ready for a quilter by making the back and binding. I struggle a lot with the back and having enough fabric. I so don't want to buy anything since I have so much fabric in my room. I think that why I procrastinate so much in doing the back, so well something to work on.
I'm watching the Saints in the playoffs and writing my blog at the same time. We'll see how this goes. Anyway, the last few days I've been sewing 1.5 inches strips together to construct next border on my latest project. I have one more border to make which should go faster. It is getting pretty big and I'm liking it a lot. Of course I love using the scraps. I cut a bunch more strips, but finally got out my box of log cabin pieces and really had fun sewing these together to get the last bits for the border. Love doing that!
I also fell in love with a reproduction of an antique quilt that Lori is doing as a quilt along on her blog Humble Quilts. The first step was to use 2" strips of pink for background and red, blue and brown for the colors. She had you cutting 2 3/8" pieces for the triangles, but I used my Easy Angle ruler and cut the triangles from the 2 " strips. Makes cutting so much easier. This will be a small quilt, I think finishing about 11 x17" These are the inside blocks so far.
These blocks should finish 4.5 ". I'm loving it, of course I know what the finished quilt will look like. This needs to go into my sewing room when I finish.