Monday, November 19, 2012

What I've been working on

This isn't current, but my latest knit project to finish.  I'm now working on my second sock and a Christmas stocking.  I sure enjoy my Friday knitting group and now I'm finishing more projects.
 

Thursday at the Beaumont Guild meeting the program was given by Besty Chutchian.  She made quilts based on a dairy from 1800's.  She told about her great great grandmother and her life after moving to Texas.  The book is called Gone to Texas.  On Saturday I went to her workshop and we made this block.  It finishes 12.5 inches and has lots of pieces.  I really had a good time!  I'm definitely doing this quilt.
 
 
This table runner is for the Christmas exchange at Happy Scrapper's party.  I took left over log cabin blocks and turned them on point.  To add more to it I decided to add the applique.  I used my Go cutter and two different dies to cut the flowers and leaves.  Since it's fusible I did a simple button hole stitch on the machine.  Granted it took most of the day, I have it done so now all I need to do is quilt it and bind it.  I should have that done soon.

No comments: