Thursday, April 10, 2014

Last top finished for the boys

I've put bits and pieces up , but finally I got the top finished for Andrew.  And I went ahead and got the back made for the quilt too.  Whoo hoo, that doesn't happen often.  My hubby John had neck surgery and I've been out of the sewing room close to a week.  But finally got a day in there to sew.  So delighted to be done with the quilts for the boys and Cassie.  I say done, still have bindings to do.  
Full shot of the quilt


Lollipop border
My helper Buddy

I decided to try taking pictures outside.  The colors are really more true to life.  I do like this way to take pictures.  

The other project I started was a 1930 Mystery shawl by Jae Kosdierzynski KAL and have gotten Clue A done. Clue C comes out tomorrow, but not to worry.  I'll go as fast as I go.  Very Challenging.
This is the gorgeous yarn, the picture doesn't do it justice.

I haven't worked with DK yarn before, but I really like it.



Clue A  8 rows of knitting on 497 stitches
I will be including the KAL as something new and my work with hexes as something old,  It's definitely crossed over to old since I been doing it most of a year.  Progress so far doesn't look like much, but it is a lot indeed.  Check out the site here  http://2hot2knit.blogspot.com.au for Something old something new.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great. I love that lollipop border. 497 stitches seems like a long row. Hexie projects do seem to take a long time to finish. The result is worth it though.
    valspierssews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, thanks for visiting. I see we have the same interest. Oh yes, hexes are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete