Sunday, February 15, 2015

February UFO numbers and report on January's progress

Home again and intend to stay here for at least a month. 
One of my favorite pictures from the Butterfly Museum in Key West, FL  The butterflies were so abundant and pretty.  They flew more than they stopped and drank.  Fascinating !

  On to our UFO challenge the two new numbers for this month are 29 and 45.  I did some editing on my list because all my projects that have to be done this year were on the list.  That really won't work, plus it would keep me from making progress on UFOs.  I have a lot of flimsy to finish so I added  that at the end of list to get more of that done.  So I need to take pictures of the ones I will be doing and pull them out.

#29 is the Scrappy bargello pattern of BH and I have pulled 2.5 " strips for that already. 
All ready to go, scrappy bargello.  I took time putting strips together, but will need to add more I'm sure.
 # 45 will be choosing a flimsy from the sewing room, not one listed already.  So I'll decide on that and pick a top to make backing and binding done and give it to PJ to quilt.  Binding will be on must do list for this year.  I don't want to carry any over that I can finish.
The backing is chosen, will construct that and make binding.  Then hand off to quilter.

I didn't do much with Jan. UFOs, in fact I intend to stay with the applique until I finish the block.  I did do two big blocks on the Black and white UFO.


The teal sashing is strong enough to really make this quilt spark

No comments: