Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lately in the sewing room

Lately in the sewing room, lots of folding of fabric and focusing on small and large projects.
Leader and ender framed four patches

 I actually have several Leader and Ender projects that I play with.  Last year Bonnie Hunter proposed this one in conjunction with Quilt maker magazine.  I figured out her size from one of her Quilt Cams and started using the little 1.5 in. squares to make 4 patches.  Also scoured my stash of 2.5 in. squares to start this.  Of course Bonnie, who sews constantly, has tons made and a quilt top made.  That's why I have so many little Leader Ender projects because I keep starting them.  Anyway this is fun and I'm on this one at this time.


Putting rows together of John's quilt
I've worked on putting two's, four's and 8's patches together.  Cutting seems to keep going on, so glad I have a die for my Go Cutter, but at some point I needed to start putting it together.  I am adding the border fabric to each side and will trim at the end.  I made a row and went and checked with John as to width.  He's 6.2 so it matters.  So now to get it long enough.  As I do the rows I work to make sure I don't have a blob of color that will draw the eye.  On a colorful quilt such as this, the eye will go to any blobs it can.  PS, if you're wondering about the blocks at the top of the design wall, there are 11 of them now.  I make one occasionally for a future quilt.


Folding fabrics

I ordered comic book inserts, 100 a pack to fold fabric on.  I got two packs and will need many more I'm sure.  I had read on a blog, no idea which one, anyway she commented how well they worked and were so much cheaper.  I wanted to try this and see.  My wire baskets hold these just fine.  What's really neat I get a good view of the fabric and can choose what I want  so much easier.

No comments: