Sunday, October 17, 2010

Retreat in Lewisville Comes to an end

Here we are, up late quilting. Ashleigh had me working! It was wonderful fun though to have her quilting with me. I do believe she may become a quilter some day. She is an expert clipper and kept me going. As a result 50 partially finished log cabin blocks are finished. These are for Emily's quilt and I need more than 144. The others are at home so I'm not sure how many I have done, but we made great strides. After Leigh set up her scrapbooking on Friday night, it was really special, a real family affair.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Andrew's Alphabet quilt, Day 2 of retreat and babysitting

Here's the back to Andrew's quilt. It will be two sided, sorta. Now to make the binding and get my friend to quilt it. Other than this I've been working on Log Cabin scrap blocks. A little tired today, usually the day after my drive up I'm tired. Should be able to quilt tomorrow too. Maybe I'll even work on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. We shall see. Sure having fun though.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Babysitting and retreating

I'm here in Lewisville to help with my granddaughter and quilt retreating. I took Ashleigh to school today and had all day until 5:00 to pick her up. During the day I set up my machine on my wonderful Sew EZE table and have been working on finishing my youngest grandson's alphabet quilt. This is the fourth one to make. Anyway, I had it about half finished. I needed to put blocks into rows, rows into the top and borders on the quilt. So, here is the result.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Whoo-hoo I'm done with one more top

Yes, yes, yes, it's at least a top now! It seems I've been work on little hexie's for a while now. I am very pleased with the results. It made a cute border for this block swap. The pictures aren't great, but you get the idea.

Monday, October 4, 2010

On the Wall, Andrew's quilt

Last Sunday I got to cutting on the quilt for Andrew. Then it percolated in my brain all last week about exactly how I wanted to make this. The LQS had 3 complimentary fabrics to go with this line, Alphabet Zoo. I got all 3 and decided to use the green and blue to border the letters and will be using the white with letters for the border. I also have a panel which will be part of the back. Andrew's name at the bottom will be in blue and I'm not sure how I will be handling the last few letters. I think I'm over thinking this whole thing. All this thinking also spurred planning for other projects. I did decide how I want to make another quilt I need to do for Slightly Bias bee, which I will start soon. So, need to get off this computer and go sew...