Monday, March 30, 2015

What's on the wall

I split my posts up today since it would be such a long post.  This is all I've managed to do since my accident.  
Asterisk block exchange

Update on Hexie quilt
Actually I worked a lot on Birds in Air block exchange but did not get a picture.  Will try later.

The Asterisk block exchange blocks are only the ones I made at the Dry Creek retreat. I had made a few before I went.  Should get a picture of them together. I so enjoyed that, but did suffer a lot of pain and did a lot of resting.  I sure felt good getting around so many friends and talking quilting and other things.

I put up the Hexie quilt so far to encourage myself to keep going.  When I put the parts up I was a little surprised to see such progress.  The second row is not attached yet and I'm not satisfied with the arrangement yet.  I have to finish out the last flower if it's the one I will use.  I'm still wondering how I will finish out the top and bottom and wheater to add some rounds as border.  Still much to think about.

March UFO report and new numbers

New UFO numbers are 39 and 1.  Number 1 is the black and white from Apple Crisper's.  I redid the list and I hit that one again, so I will go ahead and work on that.  Maybe even get the top done.  Last month I had two flimsy to get quilted and they are still at the quilter.  I did make one binding and still need to do the other.  Number 39 is another flimsy.  I'll choose that later today.
This is what I got done last time.  I definitely need to work on this

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

All it takes is a second

All it takes is a second and the direction you were going is changed.  That day I had the wreck changed the direction I was going and I'm not on track yet.  New car, body healing still I can't  seem to get back to focusing on my sewing.  I have done a few things , but it doesn't feel like much.
Bound and done

Birds in the air before retreat
House block of Autumn Joy

These are pictures before I went on the retreat at Dry Creek.  I got more blocks done and need to take some pictures.  
I haven't been posting on the blog here.  Maybe if I start doing this, I will get my MoJo back.  

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Ufo's numbers for March and report on Feb. numbers

This month's UFO numbers are 48 and 41,  For me 41, finish the binding on Blue Ridge Beauty is done.  I picked that up one day and did that. Since I'm still working on Autumn Joy and applique is so slow, I'll work on that , #29 from Jan.
Number 48 is a flimsy from the sewing room. So I'll get another quilt to take to the quilter including the binding ready.
 The month of Feb. I' decided not to start the Scrappy Bargello quilt free pattern from Bonnie Hunter, but now I do still want to.  If I make a block ever, I'll commit to the quilt.  That was number 29 and made a back and binding for a quilt and have it sacked up to take to PJ, my quilter.  The binding will have to be done when it comes home.  
Kathy Brown class 

I chose a backing with red and greens in the quilt and made the binding from the border fabric.  Got the pressed and ready to put on.  Now I'm going to go visit my sewing room and continue to cut strips for the Eustace swap..

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Dabbling in my sewing room

Applique by machine Farm Fresh
This block is finished.  I have also been working on cutting strips to put up the fabric from the laundry basket I had sitting in my way in the sewing room.  I still have not finished that, some days I can't make decisions.  I need 2" strips for the swap in Eustace in civil war reproductions.  I get to questioning myself too much.  These are being put in a box and of course I'm cutting way too many.  I've done the 4 patches for Apple Crisper's.  I made a backing and cut binding for the Kathy brown quilt.  It's ready to go to quilter, but I still need to press the binding.  I put the binding on the Kim Dielh quilt and also put the circles on it I needed.  When I found the fabric I had left over Hour glass blocks.  I left them out to finish up instead of putting them away.  
I'm binding that quilt now, working on the Autumn Joy block from last month, and of course the hexes.  I'm testing out the pattern for the Birds in the air exchange which definitely needs pressing done correctly.  In other words  I'm dabbling in my sewing room.

Monday, February 23, 2015

A finished scrappy flimsy

Scrappy red and cheddar top is done!  I really like how it turned out.  When I started putting it together I slowed done because I thought I had overdone the red and cheddar.  I kept going, although slowly and when it was finished I was very pleased.  This was a block from Bonnie Hunter's Addicted to scraps series in Quiltmaker magazine.  Then in her second Leader and Ender book she showed how she had put it together.  I did make it exactly like hers except with the colors.
I got a fairly good photo of the quilt, sometimes I get a yellow tint in my pictures.  This one clearly shows the color of the cheddar.  It is a fairly large quilt, but still not big enough to hang over the sides of my own bed.  So, I think I'll get it quilted and enjoy looking at it instead of using it.

Monday, February 16, 2015

A finish today!

I had put down this quilt and binding, when I left on my two trips.  I had almost forgotten about it, but in cleaning on my sewing room I saw it and knew I needed to go on and finish it up.  I have it on my bed now. 
Blue Ridge Beauty on my bed

I told the ladies at SPAR today that I felt like I was back to myself since I was able to sew this weekend.  It makes such a difference.  I hand sewed today mostly, but I did go and clean the top of sewing table.  Plus cleaned out a drawer in the table.  A bottom draw which had become a big catch all.  Now I know what's in there and it's stuff I need.

Tomorrow is sew day with my friends and hand sewing.  Hopefully will get the top I've been working on done by the end of the week.