Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sewing room update and upcoming retreat

My cutting area is now much more useable and I can reach the majority of my stash better.  I like it in this corner, I can get good lighting here and It's so much less cluttered. 

I'm redoing the shelves to make them tidy and more pleasant to look at.  The pizza boxes are cut pieces for log cabin blocks and the boxes are UFO'S or possible quilts.

This view of the cutting table wall where I want to hang small quilts.  a work in progress

The upcoming retreat will be in Ala. at the beach house we went to last year.  I'm bringing a UFO, John's quilt, Kaffe pyramids, and some exchange blocks I need to do.  I'm thinking I'll bring my Featherweight for backup.  Handwork of course, both hexie's and embroidery
I have to bring plenty in case a miracle happens and I finish something! LOL I'm looking forward to this trip.  Lots of fun and quilt shop hopping too.

No comments: