Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Big finish



Big, big finish! This is Emily's quilt and it's huge, 108" by117". I had to take it to a friend's house to get this picture and still couldn't get it all in one shot. I really like it. A true scrap quilt and the tail end of my red neck box( pizza box with cut logs gathered over time). Now to get the back ready. I need to add some inches to my extra wide backing for the quilter. Then on to making binding. I may put together all my left over bindings to get a real scrappy look.



For the Slightly Bias bee I made the Madri Gras block. Turned out okay, not great, but still okay. Next month is an Easter Block. Still want to stay with my log cabin block. As I look at this block I am thinking how I could have gotten a different look. I could have had the green and gold on separate sides. That would be more of what I wanted. Don't know if I have enough material. Just thinking. I did try a Court House Step block , but the sizing was wrong.



2 comments:

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

That is a great quilt. I love the log cabin and make a lot of them myself. I have gone smaller instead of bigger. The big quilts are a lot to handle.

Lizziebeth said...

Beautiful quilt Linda.