Wednesday, November 7, 2012

News from here and there

Our latest project with Slightly Bias Bee is to make baby or young children quilts for the Children's hospital in New Orleans.  I ended up using the block I had previously made for a border.  I think I see a mistake in the lower right corner, but it's quilted now so can't help that.My friend quilted it on her machine for me, while I pretty much watched. Very nice friend to do that.  We also are doing receiving blankets for new born babies whose mothers have none for their babies. 

Since I posted last I've been to the Houston Quilt Show.  I had a good time shopping and looking at quilts.  I didn't buy much, but I looked a lot.  I didn't see a lot of folks I knew, but meet a lot a nice people. 


One quilt I was really interested in was this Carrie Hall quilt I've been working on.  The makers of this quilt substituted this beautiful block for one in the pattern.  I would love to add this to mine but have to figure out how to enlarge the small picture I have.  Then I would like to finish this quilt.  I love the added features they put into the quilt and the quilting which was all echo quilting.  Beautiful quilt.

This quilt was done by Mono Riddick from the Beaumont group.  She did this all by hand even the quilting.  It turned out beautifully.  I talked with her about this quilt at a retreat 2 years ago and I still want to do this some day by hand.

No comments: