Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Where have I've been? Not blogging!

It's hard to get started with this post.  I wanted to keep it strictly on quilting, but sometimes life intrudes.  My nephew died from a 2 1/2 year battle with cancer and it won.  My heart breaks for my sister, his son and wife.  He was 43 and we all should be given more time than that with our mom's, children and spouses.  Yes, but life does what it does. 

I did get a couple of tops done before heading to Ms.  One was a current project with the Kim Delhi's group at the LQS.  This was published in an American Patchwork and Quilting this year. 
 
 
I also put together the blocks I had done with the the Sylvia Bridal Sample.  I had seen a quilt online that used another block in the center.  I had a pieced orphan block and finished it out. I liked it after finishing it.

 
The last thing I finished was a knitting project.  I had purchased this yarn at the IHQS in Houston last year.  I loved working with this yarn.  I shall enjoy wearing this scarf.
 

1 comment:

Lizziebeth said...

Love your quilts Linda, what a great idea for the one with the larger block in the middle, it looks great. Makes me wish I could finish mine.