Thursday, October 9, 2014

Been working on Fab 4

I don't know if I;ve talked about fab 4 before, but basically, it's a challenge with the  Stashbuster group on Yahoo.  It's a way to focus your quilting to get some finishes done. I am trying to stop starting new projects before I finish up tops.  What's happening is that I can't get to UFOs since I'm off starting something else.  Usually, it's me trying another scrap quilt.  The byword here is focus, focus and finish.
 In November , Bonnie Hunter is starting another mystery quilt and I want to do that.  I enjoyed the one I did last year, even though it's not quilted.
 So far since the retreat, I've gotten two quilt tops quilted, waiting to finish binding.  Two quilts are with the quilter and I have one ready with back to get done.
Now on to Fab 4 outcome.   I have been working on this kit I got in McKinney TX at Quilt Asylum.  It's Kaffe kit of pyramids.  Finally got all the rolls together.  I thought I'd give it to Leigh for Christmas, but my husband saw it and darn if he didn't want it for a TV quilt.  So, he'll be getting it.
Kaffe kit

Close up of the border
  One quilted I wanted to finish was the one with Kathy Brown   It's a jelly roll pattern and I used a jelly roll that been in the stash a while and I found some fabric for borders that removed some more stash.
Kathy Brown pattern
I've decided that my sister would like this and I will get it quilted and finished for her.
Signature blocks

Lifesaver blocks finished at Beach retreat.


No comments: