Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Countraband Quilters host Debbie Maddy

What a great class day.  This is the group shot at the end of the day.  A good group came,
She was a great teacher and I learned a lot.  One of the biggest things was how to press, yes press half square triangles.  It will really change my accuracy in the future.  

We used 8 fat quarters to make the quilt she's showing called a carpenter's star.  I am making the wall size.  The picture shows how you can place your fabric in the most pleasing way.  Works really good.
.
There were plenty of tips all day long and lots of demonstrations.  I really enjoyed the day, enough though I had just returned from a 4 day retreat and was tired.  My quilt is pinned into rows and only waits for me to finish putting it together.  Other things in the way now.  

No comments: