Sunday, October 16, 2016

Apple Crisper's Project '16, Beginning SBOW

It's hard now a days to get into the sewing room to accomplish much.  What with caring for the husband and the excessively needy dog.  However, yesterday the husband cared for the dog a while and let me sew.  So, good news I worked on some things.
Apple Crisper's Project 16
It's hard to see the difference in color in the photo, one is green and the other a dark reddish brown.  Both speak of fall to me which are the parameters for color this project.  I do like to work in Fall colors.



SBOW
Primitive Gatherings quilt shop offered this in the Summer.  One block a week, but they came every month.  It's wool and flannel applique.  There will be 48 blocks in total with a great finishing with crazy stitches embroidery.  It took a while for me to get brave , and I do mean brave enough for this project.  I used fusible to set down the wool pieces onto the flannel.  I hadn't done that method and was apprehensive.  But after getting easy with the stitching, which I'm being to really enjoy, sewing on the other strips and squaring it up, I have one block finished.  There are many charming blocks to go.  So, today I'll link up with Slow Stitching Sunday and work on the next block.  See what everyone else is doing at Slow Stitching Sunday.


1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the SBOW! i hope you enjoy all the crazy stitching!