Thursday, February 10, 2011

2001 Finishes--Making progress

Isn't it great, all that sewing on this border that I added to make this quilt bigger. I like it and I used most all the blue 2 1/2" strips of blue, gold/tan I had cut. I did buy 1/2 yd. of the navy to make sure I had enough navy for borders, binding and variety at the end of the making of the geese.

The quilt ended up a good size, maybe a little on the large size for a lap quilt. Since the original pattern didn't have borders, the border added quite a bit to the quilt. I like the way the plain squares look and easier than figuring out what to do about corners. We can call this creative or lazy.

This triple 4 patch top was finished and quilted in 2010, but I just finished the binding. That's 2 bindings finished so far and now I'm going to do two more.

Best of all both of these quilt were ones I chose the pattern and fabrics. Not a swap nor a kit.

No comments: