Thursday, February 7, 2013

Time out for a retreat

Went to,  Prairieville, LA, for a small quilting and eating retreat.  There were five of us, including a loving pet dog who liked to chew on things. I took one set of swap blocks and got half  of the needed amount done. Also work on my red and white quilt.  I,ll get a picture later before I post this. We also watched some inspector Alleyn and Midsummer murder on Netflix. I got some knitting done and Jo Ann got some crochet done. It was all great!
40 block A

32 block B
Kitty Corner red and white  blocks so far
 The scrappy blocks A & B are for a swap in Happy Scrappers.  I completed the remainder after coming home from the retreat.

The red and white is from a pattern in Fons and Porter magazine called Kitty Corner.  I want to come up with a more creative name.  I saw a quilt in the pictures online of the show in New York just this pattern.  What I know is that F and P didn't know the original name for the block and called it Kitty Corner.  This quilt will be for me.

No comments: