Saturday, December 7, 2013

Machine quilting

Haven't done this in a while.  I needed a table runner for the Happy Scrappers' Christmas party.  You only get a present if you bring one.  I like getting a present, makes the party more fun.  Anyway, it needed to be quilted, so I broke out my latest tool.

The Steady Betty worked great, better than great.  I felt I had more control and it came out better than usual.


I did a simple meandering stitch.  So far so good, then I decided to machine stitch down the binding.  I really didn't think I had time to hand stitch, but as always, I had trouble getting it stitched down and look good at the same time.  But finally, finished it and was pleased with the results.  I'm looking forward to the party.


On another note, I decided to quit one of the groups I was in.  I'll miss seeing the people, but I wasn't that happy with the activities of the group.  And I want more time to do quilts I've wanted to do for so long.  Time to quit putting them off and just get started.

No comments: