Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Finishes of 2010


Two tops finished, yes!  For the charm blocks quilt, it took a while to get the blocks together into a top, then the borders went on good.  I did go ahead and make the back and binding too.  I used some more fabric from my stash that matched well. 





The Ohio Star inside has been done for several months.  I could not make up my mind about the borders.  At first I tried piecing the borders, but after getting Polly to look at it with me, I took them off.  Then today I put it up on my design wall and kept trying combinations, until I was happy with the choices.  I used my camera to look at them and ended up with mainly brown.  The borders were so large, it really took some thinking.  The Ohio Star pattern came from a Fons and Porter book.  I plan to make the back and binding before I move on to somethng else.

No comments: