Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Band Progress

I got banded on November 5, 2009. I want to say I've lost a lot of weight, however, the fact is I have lost some, but this month, even after a fill, I keep eating so that I'm not making any progress. In fact, I gained two pounds this week. I have been on a quilt retreat and not gained, but didn't lose either, then a weekend retreat and didn't gain, but after eating so much different, I kept eating like it didn't matter. Guess I got too confident. So, to face reality and start again. I can't negate that I have lost some, but I don't want to go in the other direction either.
Okay, a few encouraging words, treat today as a new day. This feeling of hopelessness will pass. Do the next right thing. I'm worth the effort so keep trying.

1 comment:

Lourdes said...

Linda,
I'm a fellow bandit. I was banded Jan, 22 2009.
I totally understand your struggle. I struggle with wanting to graze all day... I just keep reminding myself that the tool we had inserted is just that a tool. It's up to me to make the right food choices. Which I don't always do...
But hang in there and remember why you decided to go though this procedure. This website bulletin board has been a lot of help to me.

http://www.beforeandafterhelp.com/index.php?act=idx
Hang in there and feel free to contact me anytime.
Lou
loufay@bresnan.net