Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Dance! I'm Finished!

I finally finished this quilt!  Now for the story behind the quilt.  When I joined the group Happy Scrappers, this was one of the first projects I got involved in.  There were 18 of us in the block swap and we were to do 18 of the block assigned us.  We had to use black Coats and Clark thread and the button hole stitch in size 2.2 length and width to stitch down the pieces on the blocks.  Also we were to make leaves and flowers to swap. We used the technique by Ellenor Burns with the interfacing where you sewed and turned. 
Not so easy on the small leaves, but you tried.  The project was finish a few years ago and in an effort to get some of my UFO's furthur along, I decided to finish this one.  I truly didn't enjoy working on this machine applique. I could do a lot of the qpplique before the border was on, but to finish up I had to put on the border and work with the whole quilt.  I think in the future, I'll try to change things up somehow and make it work for me, or give it away.  I'm glad it's done though and will go ahead and get it quilted and bound.

1 comment:

Loree said...

It turned out so beautiful!! One more UFO done!!