Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sewing Day with the ladies

Every Tuesday that we are able to get together, myself and 5 of my dear friends have a sewing day.  We bring our own lunch.  The hostess just has to provide coffee.  We work on hand projects and each is different.  There is some embroidery, some English paper piercing, applique or hand piecing.  Week after week we all slowly finish our projects.  We talk a lot, laugh a lot and have a good time.

I've done similar things over the years with various people, some the same as now, but I think this is my all time favorite.

Anyway, I have been working on applique cats for a Halloween quilt for months.  I also have been working on an English paper piecing project for many months.  Yesterday I made progress on both.


Handwork from Sewing Ladies Day

In my sewing room on Monday, I reworked some hourglass blocks that didn't suit me.  I also added a few blocks to the Baskets.  I'm at the point now I need to have a cutting session for both these projects.   
These Hourglass blocks are much better with contrast.
More Baskets




One other project I worked on was putting the to together for the Puss in the Corner quilt which was a swap from Happy Scrappers.  Go here to http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2017/01/one-monthly-goal-january-goal-setting.html

 
putting together a scrap quilt





1 comment:

Patty said...

Good luck with your projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.