Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quilt Retreat With Quilts Bayou group

Getting ready for a retreat at Stone Creek Lodge in Koutz, TX., my favorite.  I've been to a lot of quilt retreats over the years and have a set of tools I use all the time just for retreating in their own storage all set to go.   Now that I'm retired, I think I'm going to 8 or 9 a year.  I keep projects cut and ready to go.  Now comes the real problem,  how to decide exactly what I want to take on this one.  I have long since gotten over the "how many finishes' at retreats so if there isn't a finish I still have a good retreat.  Quilting isn't a race.  Now I simply work on projects in progress, WIP or UFO's.  I have a number of both.  I did learn a long time ago to take plenty to do and plently if I get bored or tired of a project.  Hopefully, I'll have this figured out before I leave in the early morning.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.

No comments: