Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Took some Pictures

I'm trying to keep a record of what I'm doing to spure me on with a quilting plan.  So, I'm taking a few more pictures.

How I'm progressing:

My swap with my Wednesday Sewing group that we just finished.  One of the UFO's.  Not an old one, just the top level in the sewing room. 
       I didn't use all the blocks.  I was going to make a back with the remaining blocks, but decided that was more than I wanted to do with this quilt.  I need to buy something for the back, since I don't have anything suitable in my stash.






Trimmed up the rest of the half square triangles.




My  Triple 4 patch top made with 1800's reproduction fabrics and finished quite a few months back.  It needed a back.  I tried another idea from Quiltvile.com which was to cut 10 1/2 inches blocks to piece for a back.

The pieced back from 10 1/2 inches blocks with the 1800's fabrics for the triple 4 patch I finished this weekend too.
    
                                                                                                                                                                                                         After that, which is a lot to finish in a weekend, I realized I had made some progress on my bonus quilt leaders and enders quilts.  I started doing these after I read entires on quiltville.com

One is a scrappy log cabin quilt I volunteered to make for my daughter's best friend Emily.  So far I've made two king size quilts from scrapes cut 1 1/2 inch stripes, also cut into logs up to 9 1/2 inches.  I have two pizza boxes of these logs left after two big quilts.  May make a dent in the supply since Emily wants a quilt 103 in. by 130 in. 







Lastly, a pictures of the shaded nine patch I got inspired to do from seeing my friend's Karen's quilt.  I've been cutting up scrapes for over a year and chose to use the 2 1/2 inch squares and half square blocks I had collected. I wanted to try a setting I saw one of the ladies posted on Stashbuter's group pictures.  It looked great.


Anyway, onward.  Till next entry.

No comments: